You are here

Company claims

I need to file a claim with my insurance company because I am not covered by a home claim caused by flooding.

Query: I have suffered a catastrophe at home and my insurance company tells me that the claim is not covered by the insurance. Where can I check this out? If it is covered, who must I file the claim with?

Response: Insurance policies have two sections: specific and general conditions. The specific conditions contain the contracted cover, validity, subject of the cover and payments, and the general conditions define each of the covers and exclusions. If the discrepancy between you and the insurance company continues, you can file a claim with the insurance ombudsman, whose data must be included in the general conditions.

For further information, call 902-789-031. A specialized lawyer will deal with your query.

Follow us at:

Write us

at the e-mail

Call us

General Contact 93 552 94 02

Travel Assistance 93 488 80 73

Funeral service 93 552 94 00