You are here


Query: While driving my vehicle through a wooded zone, a wild boar crossed the road and I was unable to avoid it, and suffered important vehicle damages and major injuries. Who can I claim compensation from for the damages and injuries I suffered?

Response: Since the latest reform of the Traffic Act on May 9, 2014, the vehicle owner is considered responsible in such cases, and so you cannot claim any compensation, unless the traffic accident is a direct consequence of the collective hunting of large species on the same day or ending twelve hours before the accident. In that case, the landowner or owner of the area will be liable. For this reason, if you live in an area inhabited by animals hunted as game, it is advisable to include in your car insurance cover for damages caused by hunting such animals.

For further information, call 902-789-031. A specialized lawyer will deal with your request.

Follow us at:

Write us

at the e-mail

Call us

General Contact 93 552 94 02

Travel Assistance 93 488 80 73

Funeral service 93 552 94 00