You are here

Will, heritage, inheritance certificates

Can I claim inheritance if I am not married to my partner but we have been living together for over 15 years?

Query: I have been living with my partner, without being married, for a year and we are still registered in our parents’ domicile; now we want to know what steps we must take to be considered an unmarried couple.

Response: Although each Spanish region regulates the requirements for formalization as an unmarried couple, in Catalonia the following are considered stable partners for legal purposes:
a)      Couples living together for more than 2 years without interruption. Both should be registered in the domicile where they are living together.
b)      Couples who have had a child during the cohabitation period.
c)      Couples whose relationship is formalized in a public document or in the town hall’s unmarried couples register.

For further information, call 902-789-031. A specialized lawyer will deal with your request.

Follow us at:

Write us

at the e-mail

Call us

Travel Assistance 93 488 80 73

Funeral service 93 552 94 00